Monday, July 30, 2012

The Crazy Painting Lady

Yes, thats me -The Crazy Painting Lady, or maybe I should say, the painting lady thats crazy! Either way, Ive been quite nutty lately while Ive been busy working hard and tackling lots of painting projects

From rooms to doors, from furniture to moulding, I have been non-stop painting for over a month. With the Summer in full swing, I was able to lessen my work load (slightly) and focus on spending time with my kids while off of school and some new DIY projects.

Most arent done, but come take a look anyway

After the staircase project, I dove right into painting the mouldings throughout the house. Its been quite an endeavour, but most of the first floor is done, which is a Big Checkmark off my to-do list!

I have quite a good how-to tutorial to come on this project, so stay tuned.

Onto the next painting project The newly painted crisp white mouldings got me thinking, which is how my royal blue revelation developed. Since then, the color was chosen and the room, I mean walls, are now complete. Ive got quite a few DIY projects coming up in this room, so its far from complete. In the meantime, heres a peak at the space

Quite a change, right?

Are you ready for more of my painting projects?

The next painting project developed from the newly painted blue room. The darker, faux-stained bookcases didnt look great anymore and just had to be white, so I jumped right on it. They are far from done, but heres a peak anyway

Do you see how my projects evolve? From one project (the stairs), started the next (the mouldings), started the next (the blue walls), and started the latest (the white bookcases). Story of my life, which is why my home is FOREVER changing, thus My Experimental Playground.

Completely non-related to all the above painting projects, I have been busy with adding a little color to one of the doors in my home. This is a neat and easy DIY project that I cant wait to show you.

The paint color in this picture looks horrible, but its only the first coat, so dont be too frightened.

I also (finally) jumped on the Annie Sloan Chalk Paint bandwagon and bought myself (for my birthday) some paint and wax to try. I have to be honest, I was really nervous to jump in and use this paint. Im not sure why, but I was. Anyway, I had a few hurdles to jump over, but the result wasnt bad. I have more to share in a future post, but for now, heres a peak

And last (but not least), Ive had this stepstool that I purchased at Ikea FOREVER ago, and its been in need of some clothes (a.k.a. paint, if you werent with me on my horrible joke). Heres a peak

I totally have Project ADD, but I find it easier to get similar projects done at one time. Once I have my painting clothes on, I am roaring to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment