Friday, June 29, 2012

Royal Blue Revelation

Lately Ive been crazy over royal blue, or as others sometimes refer to it as, navy.
Which term do you use?

Ive mentioned here and there that since Spring sprung, Ive been introducing this new-found hue throughout my home. It all started with a drapery panel (yes, that one right below in the pic) that I purchased with the intention to use as a shower curtain. Once I got it home though, it was perfect for my dining room (the center of our home), and thus the beginning of my Royal Blue Revelation.

So how have I introduced this classic blue hue? Come and see

I didnt want to overdue this new navy color, but a few added accents go along way. The new window drapery panels are from Lowes and are actually a Waverly fabric similar to their more expensive version at $20 bucks a panel, they were a steal! And did you check out my navy and white chevron throw yes, to die for! That I scored a few weeks ago from Joss and Main (dont forget my Curators Collection starts next Sunday). The vintage sunburst mirror is a new DIY project that I just shared with a little added touch of blue and the adorable blue and white pillow is another Joss and Main find.

The blue hue is a perfect complementary color to orangesince they sit opposite of each other on the colorwheel. As you may know, orange is a dominant color throughout my interior, so its like a marriage meant to be! The blue also starts leaning the overall aesthetic more towards a cooler direction rather than warmer.

I also have big news for you. Aside from the royal blue accents that Ive been adding here and there, I have a larger plan of painting the front room drumroll

a dark navy. Squeal :) Im still finalizing the EXACT blue hue, but its going to be divine. I mentioned a few times (but have yet to write a post on it) that Ive been painting my mouldings from oak wood to white, and the navy blue with crisp white paint is going to be spectacular. OMG I cant wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment